My client who are a media planning and buying company based in central London are looking for a Database Administrator to join the Data and Systems team.
As a Database Administrator you will own and evolve the company MS SQL databases as well as maintain and enhancements existing dataflow processes and system integrations. You will need proven DB optimisation proficiency and effective DB security implementation experience.
Key Responsibilities– Database Administrator
• Ensure that new database code meets company standards for readability, reliability, and performance
• Design indexes for existing applications, choosing when to add or remove indexes
• Upgrade, install and configure new SQL Servers
• When users complain about the performance of a particular query, help developers improve the performance of that query by tweaking it or modifying indexes
• Document the company’s database environment
• Tuning T-SQL queries to improve performance
• Work with SolarWinds to trace and monitor database performance issues
• Ensure there is provision for data security and recovery control (all data is retrievable in an emergency)
• Create, monitor and manage server ACL and privileges for website, process and vendor integrations.
• Manage Linked Server integrations
• Communicating regularly with Director of Technology and data analysts as well as technical and operational staff to ensure database efficiency, integrity and security
• Train and assist data analysts on T-SQL best practice
• Keep up to date with developments in the industry and identify possible business opportunities
Essential skills and Experience – Database Administrator
• MS SQL Enterprise 2014+
• Strong Transact SQL (SQL 2014) (3 years+)
• Experience using profiler to optimise SQL queries and processes
• DB Optimisation Experience and Confidence
• Experience with database shrink operations
• MS SQL Server Hardware best practice knowledge
• MS SQL Server management experience
• MS SQL DB security assurance and credential manager experience
• Very strong trouble-shooting and insight abilities
If you have the desired skills and experience and would be interested in finding out more please respond to this advert by following the link below and attaching a copy of your most recent CV. I will then be in touch to discuss the position in more detail.