lead Developer - C# MVC
We are currently looking for an experienced Lead Developer or Tech Architect for a media and marketing business in central London. As the Technical Architect you will have the final say on the technologies used to completely re build an internal Business Intelligence tool. This is a small team so we are looking for someone who is very hands on and has good programming skills
The role of Technical Architect will involve working closely with our Global Insight and Data team and other stakeholders from the business to manage the team and product development of the internal BI tool.
Technical Architect Key responsibilities:
- Managing the team and product with Lead Development on internal BI tool.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of application.
- Build scalable applications which are able to work with very large datasets.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Proof of concept prototyping.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills:
- Proficient in C#, MVC and Web API with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Familiarity with the .NET framework
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Skill for writing reusable C# libraries
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL
- Familiarity with PHP (desirable, the tool is currently built on the LAMP stack)
- Familiarity with Windows Presentation Framework
- Solid knowledge of MVC and able to mentor and lead team of senior to junior developers
- Knack for writing clean, readable C# code and mentoring the teams and developing their capabilities
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools like Git & SVN
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
What they offer:
Great working environment, development and learning opportunities, industry recognition and fantastic opportunity to grow within our evolving business alongside free breakfast, agile working, fantastic social events and trendy location.